We are family-owned and have been operating out of Gloucester, MA since 1944 and are pioneers in “party-boat” fishing and the whale watching industry. All our Yankee Fleet vessels are regularly inspected and our Captains licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard to insure the safety and comfort of our passengers.
If you have a question that we have not answered, please feel free to visit our contact information or call us at 855-5 GO-FISH(546-3474) or 800-WHALING.
Is a rod rental included in the price?
A rod rental is included in the price for Half day fishing, AM and PM. For all day trips, Limited Capacity Tuesday, and Super Marathon days, the rod rental is a $7 charge. If you have your own rod, you are welcome to bring it on any trip!
What species of fish are able to be caught?
We are targeting Haddock, the regulations on that call for 15 per person at 17 inches. The regulations for Pollock are unlimited at 19 inches. You may also reel up some Cusk, Hake, Redfish, Flounder, Mackerel, Halibut, and other sea creatures! Cod is not able to be caught until August 1st.
What should I bring?
- The Yankee Fleet will provide all that you need. We can supply you with a rod and reel, equip with bait and tackle as well.
- The crew will fillet each fish you catch for $1 per fish. You can also purchase a biodegradable burlap sack for $1 to keep your catch in, with some ice.
- You do not need to bring a cooler but are welcome to if you would like. We sell bags of ice in the ticket booth.
- There is a galley on board which includes snacks and drinks as well as some hot foods. The galley is cash only.
- Temperature on the water is usually 10-15 degrees cooler. We always suggest dressing in layers. Other suggestions are sunscreen and a hat.
Do I need a fishing license?
No, we acquire a license from the state that covers everyone on the boat.
How has the fishing been?
Please check our fishing reports for the most up-to-date info.
Where will we be fishing?
- Gloucester is a great fishing port located near multiple fishing grounds in the Gulf of Maine. We will be fishing in depths from 100-300 feet.
- The half day trips will travel about 5-10 miles
- The all day trips will travel about 12-20 miles
- The marathons (12 hour trips) are based on the captain discretion, where he thinks he can give you the best fishing for the extra time
- Over nights are 60-80 miles into the Gulf of Maine.
What kind of fishing line should I use?
We use 50 lb test monofilament line on our fishing trips. Tangling issues will be minimized if everyone uses the same type line. We will be fishing in anywhere fro 100 to 300 feet. Minimum of 30 lb test 50 lb mono preferred.
What kind of sinkers and tackle is used?
We use 16oz to 20oz sinkers. 12oz to 16oz jigs can be either purchased or rented on the boat. First sinker is included in the rod rental and $3 for any lost sinkers. Teasers are also available on the boat.
How much does a fishing trip cost?
See ‘Deep Sea Fishing’ tab, and choose what type of trip you are interested in, or call the front desk at 978-283-0313
What if it rains?
We will fish rain or shine, but not in high seas. Check the local weather forecast for high winds. High winds mean big waves, If that is the case we will cancel the trip and notify you by phone the day before hand. If we cancel the trip, you have the option for a refund or reschedule. – As always you have 24 hours to cancel or reschedule on any day trips.
I have a group of about 20 or so friends interested in a fishing trip. Can you send me pricing info?
All our trips are great opportunities for friends to get together and spend the day having fun! We do have group prices for Half Day Fishing trips. We discourage large groups on our All Day fishing trips as it detracts from the trip for the other passengers. A better choice is a deep sea fishing charter trip. These trips are private to your party and include the rod & reel rental. Call us for availability. We can help you plan the logistics.
Is there an age limit?
We have special rates for children under 12, and seniors over 60. Discretion is advised when bringing small children on the boat for long periods of time.
I would like to go Cod fishing. When is the best time to go?
NOAA has imposed cod fish regulation for the gulf of Maine. Basically it is north of latitude 42 to the Canadian boarder. 2016 regulation for the GOM is 1 per person in August and September.
Where are you located?
Please check our directions to 1 Parker street Gloucester, MA
Is there parking available?
Yes! We have free parking available in our lot. Our parking lot is the first lot on your right as you pull onto Parker street.